Aoife Flynn Kennedy
Update from Bray Municipal District Meeting 9th December 2020
Last night was the last meeting of Bray Municipal District for 2020. Another packed agenda with lots of items up for discussion and vote. See listed below a brief headline update for your information, more detailed information will be provided on each item in subsequent posts.
• Part VIII of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001-2006 (as amended) In respect of the proposed development of Bogmeadow Car Park – this was passed by all Councillors and relates to a substantial investment and upgrade works at the Bogmeadow Car Park, Enniskerry.
• Update reports on Housing & Transport, including an update on Bray's New Homeless Facility.
• Update on Bray Central (formerly called Bray Town Centre) – some slight delays due to provision of steel but works progressing well. Details of anchor tenants is hoped to be announced before Christmas, if not in early January 2021.
• Bray Head Special Area Amenity Order (SAAO) Management Plan 2017-2021 – this plan relates to Bray Head and discussed in response to concerns raised by residents and the wider community. A committee managing this SAAO have not met in a long time which is a cause for concern, a meeting has now been agreed for early January 2021.
• Davitt Rd / Parnell Rd., Bray – discussion on concerns being raised by residents due to speeding on this road.
• Schools Rd / Ravenswell Rd., - The condition and ongoing maintenance of this road which runs from the Dublin Road right down to the Harbour. The land in question falls between Bray MD and Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council and is not yet ‘taken in charge’ by either local authority. An extremely frustrating situation for those who use this road, I will continue to work on this matter.
• Update from Harbour Joint Development Committee.
• Discussion on availability of public convenience facilities in the town and the closing times of existing facilities on the Seafront.
• The current facilities being used by Bray Rowing Club and the need for this to be reviewed as a matter of urgency.
• Presentation from RWE on the Dublin Array Project which is proposed to provide wind energy through the installation of wind turbines off the coast from Dun Laoghaire to Greystones (including Bray).
• Bus Connects Proposal & impact on local community.
• Discussions on the footpath from the footbridge at the Herbert Road to the Footpath at Aston Wood, the need for upgrade works and its central roll in connecting Enniskerry & Bray.
As always if you have any queries on the above or wish to make any suggestions for future projects please do get in touch.